Good College Essays
Good College Essays
Its time for university admissions and what could possibly be the most stressful time of your life. The most important thing that can help you to get past admission committees are good college essay. Read on to find out how you should go about writing good college essays.
Good College Essays: ask the following questions:
- What are my major accomplishments? (Weave these in to your life’s story.)
- What are my unique qualities, skills and attributes?
- What are my preferred movies and books and why?
- How did I survive the most difficult time of my life?
- What have I learnt from my mistakes?
- What has made me successful?
- If I was marooned on a desert island, what is the first thing that I would do?
- What do I value most in life?
- What is my most powerful personality trait?
- What do I believe in?
- If I could be anyone in the world, who would I choose?
- What do I love the most
- How would my friends write my admission essay?
- What social work have I done that demonstrates my sense of collective responsibility?
- How talented am I at extra-curricular activities?
- Where do I want to be 10 years from now?
- How have I contributed to my community or school
- How does this particular college fit into my plans for the future?
Why good college essays count:
With more and more aspiring students knocking on the doors of leading universities, good college essays can make all the difference to your acceptance or rejection. By asking yourself questions like the ones above you will be able to zero in on your winning qualities that can enable you to enter the college of your choice.
Good College Essay: maintain word limits
The normal length for a good college essay is 500 words. That is all you have to tell the admissions committee what a promising student you have been and will be. So pay close attention to details like editing, logical flow as well as an interesting story line or theme. It also pays to add a touch of humor so that the admissions committee can enjoy reading your essay. To sum up you have to look deep inside yourself and plan a story line around your main achievements to write good college essays.