Literary Analysis: What to Do?
Wherever you study – at a high school, in a college or at a university, if you study literature, you are likely to write different papers on literary analysis. What does to make literary analysis mean? What does such an assignment suggest? If you are looking for answers for these questions, this article is written for you.
Literary analysis is …
One should notice that literary analysisis a rather challenging task. It does not mean that you have to read a literary work and express your ideas regarding it. There should be thorough studying instead of reading and there should be looking deep into the work instead of expressing your thoughts. When analyzing a literary work you should find answers to such questions as:
- What were the author’s intentions? (What did he/she want to say, express, show with the help of the literary work?)
- What is the main idea of the work?
- What problems are highlighted in it?
- What is the role of each character in the work?
- What is the author’s style/tone/language? In what way do these aspects interact with the author’s intentions?
Your analysis should begin with the attentive reading. It will be better if you read the work for 2 times at least (anyway, it depends on the volume of this work and your writing term). Our university essay services recommend you to be ready to make notes while reading. Write down some quotations, descriptions, portraits, names or numbers. You may put this information in the form of a plan, a table or a scheme if it is easier for you. The latter point is that you understand it. Such information will help you make your literary analysisand then write your paper.
Writing of a literary analysis essay
As a rule, you should write a literary analysis essayin most cases. That means that you should present your literary analysisin the form of an essay paper: customcollegeessays.com/literary-analysis-essay. So, you should point out 3 main parts in your work: introduction, main body and conclusion.
- Introduction should give your reader the general information about your work. It should tell why you decided to write your literary analysis essay(the purpose of the paper), what you decided to write about (a thesis statement for writing) and give the general information about the work analyzed (the title, the author’s name, the publication data, the plot). Do not forget that you should catch the interest of your audience from the very beginning. So, use some tricks (questions, exclamatory sentences, quotations or funny phrases). Do not be afraid to use new writing methods.
- Main body should contain your thorough literary analysis.
- Conclusion should demonstrate the results of your analysis – conclusions that you made after analyzing.
Have you found answers to the questions mentioned above? If you still have some difficulties in writing of literary analysis, you are welcome to contact us!